So I (Art) have never been into baseball or softball for that matter. I never played as a kid and just never like it I have been to one minor league game in my life and one major league game (we were in Phoenix with nothing else to do) I did enjoy the MLB atmosphere but usually only watch the last inning or two on TV if the game is close. Luckily Ashley never wanted to play little league and that was fine with me. Well this year Tuff comes home with a tee-ball sign up sheet and he wants to play well I tried my hardest to talk him out of it but he wants to play so we signed him up and that was the end of that. Well my sister Anna decided that all the Fair workers and volunteers needed to put together a team this year for city league co-ed softball. Great!!! NOT!! So under alot of pressure from my family who are all on the team and others I gave in and decided I would play. The joke is on them I SUCK. The last time I played softball was over ten years ago when we use to play with the Thompsons and Barney relatives in springville. The only thing I accomplished then was pissing people off. Again I am sorry if I pissed anyone off way back then. So We go to Wal-mart and get Tuff a glove after his mother has a come apart and security has to ask her to calm down. (Tuff had a hard time figuring out the whole glove thing) I get a softball mitt the biggest they have and a teeball bat and ball for tuff. So we are at home Sunday 5-10-09 and Ash wants to play catch with me so we do hence the pictures Crystal took of us. I hate pics. Well then we go up to the school and practice with a few of the softball team. After Ash decides she wants to hit so my brother pitches a few to her and she does pretty good well
after 3 years she now wants to play so i need to get her a mitt this weekend and I have to learn how to play softball because after tonight's practice i need all the help i can get. It should be very entertaining for those watching. I may need a stand by ambulance and oxygen machine. Does Pepsi make a intravenous drip??
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment