We had a good Hunt Grandma and Grandpa Thompson came down and watched the kids so Crystal and I could spend 5 days doing nothing but hunting. We had a ton of fun. It is the only time I don't mind getting up at 5 and going to bed at midnight. Crystal got a 3x3 opening night. We were sitting on the edge of a field and just waiting for anything to come out. Up to that point no one in our group had seen a thing. We usually take at least one deer on opening day. So as we sat and watched Crystal bumped me and said some deer just came in the field above us. I spotted them and put the scope on them. One was a little 4x4and the 3x3. We debated on weather to shoot or not for about 25 minutes. It was starting to get dark and so Crystal said sure Ill shoot one. She got ready and i told her to wait on the 3x3 it was facing right at us. I then told her to hold on and for the next 10 min went back and forth on which one to shoot. I honestly didn't think she would hit one so I said the 3x3 looks wider take him. Well she shoot and boom down went the deer dead in his tracks. It was 300 yard shot right on the money.
We had 7 people hunting with us this year and did pretty well in the buck area. We got 5 bucks but when it came to the Cow Elk we didn't do to well. Only 1 out of the 7 was able to take a cow. We had tons of fun. Cant wait till next year!
Your kids are getting so big! I can't believe how much Ashley looks like you!! Can you believe how old she and Halen are. They are almost teenagers...Halen thinks she already it one and I just dont want her to ever be ateenager!! Good for you on the DEER too! That is awesome. My dad and brother always hunted and I took hunters safety when i was a kid. When I was old enough I went pheasant hunting and I couldn't shoot the poor things. So I have only ever shot clay pigeons. They are my favorite thing to shoot. I don't like shooting rifles, they kick too much! But shotguns are fun. ITs awesome that you and Art can take that much time to hunt together....the more you hunt together the less likely you are to get a DIVORCE!!! RIGht ART! (I'm still mad at him for that little stunt by the way.) Have a fun holiday season. THanks for the invite to see your blog. Its super cute!!
ReplyDelete